HIGH LEVEL GLOBAL AND REGIONAL INITIATIVES:
UN, G20, BRICS, African Union, UNASUR
UN, G20, BRICS, African Union, UNASUR
- - Global Partnership on Universal Social Protection to achieve the SDGs (USP2030). ILO, World Bank and other development agencies, 2015-2018.
- - Social Protection Systems and Floors. Leading inter-governmental processes on social protection; Co-Chair of the Social Protection Inter-Agency Cooperation Board (SPIAC-B). 2013-2018.
- South-South High Level dialogue to achieve the SDGs on Universal Social Protection. ILO 2015-2016.
- High Level Initiative Economic and Social Councils Dialogue on Social Protection. International Association of Economic and Social Councils and Similar institutions (AICESIS) and ILO. 2014-2018
- A Recovery for All - Policies for a socially-responsive crisis recovery, including global and country dialogue with governments and the IMF, public finance analysis in 187 countries, and an online discussion “A Recovery with a Human Face”. UNICEF and ILO, 2009-2018.
- Multidimensional Child Poverty and Inequalities, global UNICEF program in 55 countries, and work on Impact of Economic Policies and Trends on Children and Households, policy tools and materials, with UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre in Italy; Joint Guidance Note UNICEF-World Bank: A Child Focus in Poverty and Social Impact Analysis. 2009-2012.
- United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, high- level advisory body to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). UN DESA 2008-2009.
- National Development Strategies Policy Notes, with Jomo K.S, Jose A. Ocampo, Joseph Stiglitz, Ha-Joon Chang. Policy tools, advisory services, support intergovernmental processes and Annual Ministerial Reviews at UN ECOSOC. UN DESA 2005-2009.
- The United Nations Development Agenda: Compilation of Goals, Commitments and Strategies agreed at the United Nations world Conferences and Summits since 1990 for intergovernmental processes at UN ECOSOC. UNDESA 2005-2007.
- United Nations Commission for Social Development. Support intergovernmental processes, thematic panels, events. UNDESA 2005-2009.
- II High Level Forum on Harmonisation of Development Assistance - OECD-DAC Partner Countries Meeting. OECD-DAC and UNDP, 2004.
- G20 Finance Framework Working Group, prepared paper on Financing social protection for the future of work: Fiscal aspects and policy options, Argentina Presidency 2018.
- G20 Labor and Employment Ministerials, presented background notes and provided support to Argentina Presidency 2018; Germany Presidency 2017; China Presidency 2015-16.
- Member of the G20 Civil Task Force on Inequality, Russia Presidency 2012
- BRICS Labour and Employment Ministerials, presented background notes and provided support to South Africa Presidency 2018; China Presidency 2017; India Presidency 2016; Russia Presidency 2016.
- Joint United Nations Response to Implement Social Protection Floors and Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in Eastern and Southern Africa. UNDG and ILO, 2015-2018.
- Support to the African Union Protocol on the Rights of Citizens to Social Protection and Social Security and the Social Agenda 2063, African Union, 2016-
- High Level Ministerial Dialogue SADC Regional Social Policy. Gov’t of South Africa and UN DESA, 2006-2007.
- Support to the African Union Social Policy Framework African Union and UNDESA, 2007-2008.
- ADB Poverty Reduction Strategy, signed by 59 Governments/Ministries of Finance. Founding member of ADB’s Poverty Unit. Policy tools, advisory services, restructuring bank operations to prioritize poverty. ADB. 1999-2003.
- Social Protection and Labour Strategy, signed by 59 Governments/Ministries of Finance. Chair of ADB Social Protection and Labour Network. Policy tools, advisory services. ADB-ILO Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2002. ADB 1998-2003.
- Regional Dialogue of International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU) and International Financial Institutions (IMF, World Bank, ADB). Organizer. 2002.
- Bank of the South. UNASUR and UNDESA, 2007-2008.
- Youth Rights and Public Policies. UN DESA, UNFPA and OIJ, 2005-2007